The restriction I am referring to is mentioned here:
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/jdo/queries.html
Scroll down to "Query Sort Orders" where it says:

Due to the way the App Engine datastore executes queries, if a query
specifies inequality filters on a property and sort orders on other
properties, the property used with the inequality filters must be
ordered before the other properties.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Entity query class"?