Hi coders,

I have a little quandary here - I'm in the early stages of developing an app
that in essence, manages the details of companies. The 'main' objects as it
were, are accounts (ie a client of ours - it's a bit like a CRM system)

I decided to use the company name as the unique ID, but now this is causing
problems for when I want to change the name of the company (this does happen
quite a lot).

I have been modifying Chris Ramsdale's Contacts MVP tutorial with some
success over the last couple of days, but I find that when I try to update a
contact by changing the company name or phone number, it simply adds in a
new one and leaves the old one there (because the IDs are different the put
doesn't overwrite the old one, whereas if they both had the same Long ID
they could have different details on the name and phoneNumber fields but
still the same unique identifier (@Id)).

Now I COULD hack it and pass in the old account name, delete that one and
create a new account, but that seems like it's going to cause all manner of
problems.

Anyone got any suggestions, or am I answering my own question here? Long IDs
seem the way to go, but I like the fact that when I use my company name
string I don't have to perform a put() before I start adding lists of keys
to it, or is this just a minor thing?

Thanks