Yes might be, but frameworks like Grails need a longer startup time.

It does not matter for any application server nor cloud provider
except GAE.
That's why I'm asking about future working of scheduler.

Further, if I keep up enough instances I would not bother the startup
time at all...

I'm not saying 30s limit is bad or good, I'm just looking if using
Grails on GAE will be feasible or not.