There does not seem to be any need for a table with forumcategoryid
and forumcategoryid. When a user creates a category/group, you have to
update the corresponding category table/group table. As you have
suggested, since the application is small it is far easier to handle
issues, including column wise sorting, at client level.

J.Ganesan
www.DataStoreGwt.com