Hi IKai,

I haven't written anything concrete yet. I was playing around with the low
level datastore API to retrieve and create new entities and following the
steps in your blog. We are close to launching our mobile application with
appengine serving as backend. We would like to have the capability of
importing the data to CSV/XML and exporting too. The python command line
tools seems to have the capability. Since our object schema is fluid, we
would need to change the data frequently and we hope the import/export
capability might help us.

I also have a production deployment question. Say I have a app running on
appengine and it's serving as abckend to my mobile application. It has lot
of data from the customers. Say 6 months later, I have a major upgrade to my
backend and create a completely new application. What's the easiest way to
migrate all the data in the old app to new app? I guess we should use
import/export capability or any other better way to handle data transfer
between 2 apps in production scenario?

Thanks
Neeli