For data access, Objectify of course.

We are using GWT for our rich client. It is really nice to be able to
share code between the client and backend.

Server side, we are using Spring. At first, we thought we would have
to switch to Guice to reduce our start times. But if you are careful
not to do too much classpath scanning (biggest culprit), you'll be
fine. With the increase of the time out to 60 secs, minimum live
instances and the servlet warmup hook, cold starts are no longer an
issue. It's not that Spring is better than Guice or all the other good
frameworks but, we already had a lot of in house skillset with Spring.

And business wise, I would rather bet on Spring being still there and
alive in five years than on those less popular frameworks, even if
some are pretty good.

Remy