An example:

I did an upload a .JPG image whose resolution is 1296x972 and size 452Kb.

I retrieved this image applying the method makeResize to 200x150 resolution.

The image size down to 70Kb.

But if I save this modified image in my HD, and open with Paint and save
the image again the size down to 18Kb. The method makeResize optimization
leaves much to be desired.

if I save this modified image em my HD, and try to open with Adobe
Photoshop, an stranger error occurs:
"Could not complete your request because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker
type is found."
So I rename the file to .PNG and the Adobe Photoshop open it normally.

Apparently, in my tests, png files are not affected of these same problems.

Any solution?