 From: Anders Testson <anders...@gmail.com>
To: google-appengine-java@googlegroups.com
Sent: Friday, 9 March 2012 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: [appengine-java] Re: Slow cold starts

That totally sucks. I can understand that it takes up more resources to have an
app always loaded in an instance but when minimum instances is set, then it
should mean that the app is kept in memory. If what you write is true (and I
guess it is since nobody from Google has objected to it) then Google is not
fulfilling what they themselves claim: "Because App Engine keeps idle instances
in reserve, it is unlikely that requests will enter the pending queue except in
exceptionally high load
spikes." http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/adminconsole/performancesettings.html

Just wanted to follow up on this: