José,

Many different workarounds are available, depending on your
circumstances. The simplest (not ideal) thing to do would be to run
two queries and then take the intersection of the two results, i.e.:

q1 = Model.gql("WHERE prop1 < :1", number1)
q2 = Model.gql("WHERE prop2 > :1", number2)

batch1 = q1.fetch(1000)
batch2 = q2.fetch(1000)
result = []

for entity in batch1:
  if entity in batch2:
    result.append(entity)

return result

If you give us a little more context, maybe people who have similar
situations can share with you how they have dealt with the limitation.
In my case, I had to change the way I store my data so that I can get
the right results with only one inequality operator per query (but
name equality operators).

Nevin