Well the issue here is more of a design pattern issue ...

How can you create error/warning/success messages at any time in the
code that are displayed on the next page without using static
variables. I do not know a solution.

Does anyone know if appengine uses a single instance reentrant (e.g. a
second request is processed by the same instance before the first
terminates?) This would prohibit any use of statics at all.

On 10 Sep., 22:41, Olli117 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think it's a feature of the python syntax that all instance
> attributes have to be referenced by self. In Java you get the help
> from eclipse to mark class variables (by writing them italic).
> Otherwise it coud be difficult to recognize them, too.

The pretty unique feature of Python is to use class variables as
prototype for instance variables. This is a feature like in
prototypical languages (JavaScript.) All instance variables have to be
declared in __init__(self). Java/C++/PHP programmers might explore
those Pitfalls at first probably often just because "the wrong thing
looks right" to them.