Thanks for pointing this out but you need to clarify in red letters
that the Dev environment does not behave the same as Prod or there is
an imposed 5 second timeout.

>"Since your application must respond to the user's request within
> several seconds, a URL fetch action to a slow remote server may cause
> your application to return a server error to the user.

I ready this weeks ago.  I just assumed in the Dev environment that my
"slow remote server" was fine.  I didn't get any timeouts so why would
i think otherwise!  Also, please consider adding additional
documentation that a localhost development environment may be
insufficient to adequately test and certify an application.

Please take this as positive feedback.  I just want to help the next
developer and clarify this issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions from the questions I pointed out before?

Thanks!