Marzia -

That is great news.

Will this also help with genuine traffic spikes? A simple application
I use to test, which does a single datastore fetch for 5 items that
are a few bytes each, and stores it in memcache for 10 seconds, can go
over quota by a simple ab -c 30 -n 10000. I've tried with a very
gradual ramp up, being very careful not to trigger high cpu spawn
warnings, but regardless, after a while, it will just start spewing
them all over and the app dies. This is with a constant load after
build up, not a spike.

I'm hoping you can confirm that said fix will also solve that issue?

- Thomas