In another post someone was exceeding the 5 second timeout with urlfetch
trying to get an RSS feed for a Google Docs account. I am planning on using
the Google Charts API and I wonder if I won't hit the same issue. However,
this got me thinking that writing a service like the Charting API on GAE is
quite improbable given what we presently know about CPU thresholds, however
we have to presume that the charting API that google offers is scalable. I
know the service is new and I don't mind the limits since I haven't actually
been locked out yet and I assume things will get better. I would encourage
Google to look at the CPU profiles for services like the charting API when
thinking about what limits to set on GAE.