I'm trying to get started using the new Google Apps & Data on the web.
I'm reading all these examples about people and businesses sharing
their spreadsheets, contact info, product data, etc.
And I'm looking at the Google Terms of Service, section 11, whereby we
give Google the right to disseminate the data as they see fit.
So, far, I see no way to store data, such as a spreadsheet containing
sensitive company financial data, in an encrypted format. Do these
business users realize that?
When I am trying to sell a company on using this Google service (by my
writing a custom app for them), how do I convince them that their data
won't be on the web for all to see?
I, for example, don't want all the names and email addresses in my
contact app to be scanned, indexed, and popping up in the Google
searches of strangers, scammers, etc.
How do I secure on-line data?

Thanks,
   Ron Cherry