Assuming you can actually work around all of the limitation
simultaneously, considering the more things you work around the close
you come to the CPU time quota.

It also is not completely accurate to state that the limitations are
there to make apps safe and scalable.  For example transactions being
limited to a single entity group makes it very complicated (i.e. not
safe) to write code that needs to reliably update entities from
different groups (it isn't always possible to structure entity groups
such that everything that is needs to be updated for a request can be
all be in one entity group).

Also given the roundness of the quotas, I find it very unlikely that
the quota numbers were choosen based on an in depth analysis or a
broad sampling of data, rather the being choosen fairly arbitrarily
(possibly based to some extent on what works for google's own apps).