Instructions for using the latest version of the gdata-python-client
can be found here: http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/gdata.html
There are also a few threads on this discussion group which have dealt
with recent changes in the Python library for Google Data APIs:

http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/1433e3883aa67b73
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/881229734ab68b72
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/9688d06514109954
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/10d8d67cbf6ba709