The method I used doesn't work on IE 6.

If someone can verify that it works on IE 7 I'm not using it

or if I can get a guidance to make it compatible with IE it will be
excellent.

The reference I used is:
http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tutorial/Prototype-and-AJAX-Tutorial/35281

The example is working on IE 6 the problem is probably with
setInterval