On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Ian Bambury <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can't seem to find much on this which explains how to do anything more
> complicated that saving/returning a single entity.
> I've got a GWT app up and running on GAE, and I can save and retrieve data
> no problem, but I need to be able to add the kind of functionality that
> JOINs let you do in SQL

There is no such thing as JOINs for the datastore. You need to do what
is called "denormalisation", which is effectively duplicating data and
putting it everywhere you need it.

> The customer has signed in and wants to see all outstanding orders for a
> certain product.

That doesn't sound like it needs a JOIN anyway. You'd get the current
customer ID, get that production ID, and them filter on the orders.

If you flesh out your example a bit more, we can help you further.

Dave.