On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Ian Bambury <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks David,
>>
>> > What if I wanted to pull out a list where the quantity was over 1000 and
>> > print the product description and the customer name?
>>
>> You don't. App Engine isn't designed for grabbing a large amount of
>> data. Users of a web application are really not going to want 1000
>> pieces of data in one go.
>
> I meant that the order quantity was over 1000, not the number of pieces of
> data. I'd be quite happy with 25 returned matches

Oh, that's easy then. Just add a .filter('quantity >', 1000) to what I
wrote previously.

> What if the user wants to see a list of all the movies which came out last
> month which they *haven't* seen. Is there a way to do that? I can see from
> your answer before that I can limit the list to ones which the user has
> added to their list of viewed films, but is it possible to get the
> complimentary data set?

That's a fair bit harder to do in a single query. The simplest way for
a smallish number of movies would be to just fetch all the movies from
the last month, then fetch all the user's movies, and then compute the
set difference in Python.

Dave.