Hi Denis!

Once you have an entity with a key_name, you cannot change the key_name.
That is the reason that the form doesn't use this field when using it
to change an entity.
If you want to hide it from an editing-form, you can either do so in
template logik by passing a variable like "change=True", or you can
make another form definition that excludes the field.
Do I understand you correctly that the key_name field doesn't appear
when you are editing an entity?
Well, than thats probably on purpose.

Best Regards,

Jesaja Everling

would have to create a separate form for editing

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 7:33 AM, Denis Moskalets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ext/db/djangoforms.py contains interesting description for some class:
>
>  If you define a form field named 'key_name' it will be treated
>  specially and will be used as the value for the key_name parameter
>  to the Model constructor. This allows you to create instances with
>  named keys. The 'key_name' field will be ignored when updating an
>  instance (although it will still be shown on the form).
>
> I've tried this. It's really works, key_name field appears. key_name
> properly saved into DB. It's really cool!
>
> But there only little problem. "The 'key_name' field will be ignored
> when updating an instance (__although it will still be shown on the
> form__)".
> key_name field doesn't appear at form, when you trying to edit data.
> I've read SDK code, and really... there nothing about filling key_name
> by data.
> In SDK source code, 'key_name' appears only in save() method.
>
> Is it really undocumented feature, that doesn't completely realised,
> or it is bug?

L_/
OL
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his
way to Überwachungsstaat.