Apparently GAE's infrastructure will just continue to spawn more
processes as needed, so your app actually should continue to scale
even if it waits 1 minute instead of 10 seconds for URLFetches, but
operating your app will be more costly as memory usage time will be
increased by a factor of 6.  Currently google isn't tracking memory
usage time though (at least that we know of), so they couldn't
actually charge for it at present.