I haven't used them myself, but at first glance I don't see why they
wouldn't work, assuming you're using Django for your request handling.  Give
'em a try.
Django features that don't work out of the box on App Engine tend to be
those that use Django's ORM layer, which doesn't work with the App Engine
datastore.  One notable example is the admin app.

-- Dan