The form preview framework works with gae and the django request
handler. Validation rules like serverside reg ex defining allowed
phonenumber etc. and related layout details e.g. a red box around any
form parameter not passing validation are related details to which I
look for a lean solution. The advantage of customizing instead of the
framework is more control over details and the disadvantage is that
there's no autogeneration of markup as with the framework. RSS and
sitemap generator are interesting to adapt to work with the default
request handler as well.

Thank you for the support.
Niklas