Hi Josh,

Can you reply to me with the specific domain?  It sounds like you have done
everything that should work, but without knowing the specific domain I can't
check.

One other course of action would be to see if you can assign the 'www' to
some other service such as sites.  If you can add and remove it from there,
you may be able to add it to App Engine.

-Marzia