> I'm not starting the page using template.render (), so I cannot
> implement the way in the tutorials, i'm using static index.html... is
> it supposed to work if i have the sendmail in form action, like this:
> ---??
>
> <form action="mail.cgi" method="POST"> ...

No, but you can write your own handler. Use the code from the tutorial
as a starting point.

In your index.html change the form's action for example to "/send-
email". Then in your "send-email" handler, override the post() method,
send an email using the appengine mail API, and finally redirect back
to the html page with:

    self.redirect('/your-page.html')

Don't be afraid to throw in some Python code, it's really easy. Let us
know if you have troubles setting this up.