> here is how i have setup the app.yaml, email.py and form.html, let me
> know whats wrong ??, how should i setup handler for email.py in
> app.yaml ??

OK, here's how you can do it.

app.yaml:
---------
handlers:
- url: /send-email
  script: email.py
- url: (.*)/
  static_files: static\1/index.html
  upload: static/index.html
- url: /
  static_dir: static
---------

email.py:
--------
from google.appengine.api import mail
from google.appengine.ext import webapp
from google.appengine.ext.webapp.util import run_wsgi_app

class SendEmail(webapp.RequestHandler):
  def post(self):
    user_address = self.request.get('address')
    if mail.is_email_valid(user_address):
      sender_address = 'y...@example.com'
      subject = 'test'
      body = """test email"""
      mail.send_mail(sender_address, user_address, subject, body)

    self.redirect('/form.html')

application = webapp.WSGIApplication([('/send-email', SendEmail)],
                                     debug=True)

def main():
  run_wsgi_app(application)

if __name__ == "__main__":
  main()
--------

form.html:
---------
<form action="/send-email" method="post">
Email: <input name="address" type="text"/>
<input type="submit" value="Send"/>
</form>
---------

I didn't test it, let me know if something doesn't work.

Regarding this line in your original code:

    # prompt user to enter a valid address

You have quite a few options, the easiest one is probably to redirect
to a static page containing an error message and a link back to the
email form. Other options will probably involve templates or and/or
some javascript.

Also note that the sender_address must be the administrator of your
app or the currently signed in user:
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/mail/overview.html

Hope this helps.

--