We had to spend about a day after the last update because patching/
count against the quota.

It has been a real surprise that Django 1.0 has not been supported
this long. My expectation for a beta product (app engine) is that it
would be changed to support the 1.0 release of the framework quickly.

They have the API versioning mechanism in place, I think it's high
time to test that, otherwise it isn't really "real".