Sticking with a svn copy of google-app-engine-django and moving over
to a zip file of Django 1.0.2 with stuff removed as specified by the
App Engine article (http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/
django10_zipimport.html) and what app-engine-patch suggested (http://
code.google.com/p/app-engine-patch/wiki/ManualInstallation) worked for
me.