I noticed the following when I updated my application recently. I did
an update for the *current* version of the application and a changed
css file was not updated. I tried a couple of times more and that
resulted in getting the css file uploaded. Now when I update the
application I always use a version number that is not the current
version and never had the problem again.
Can this be related to your problem?

Can there be a lock on static files of the current version preventing
an update of them?

If I try to make the latest version update the current version within
30 seconds of deploy it (sometimes) does not succeed.
Is there a certain time needed to prepare the uploaded code/files to
be used by the interpreters?