Do you use (Django) templates?
If not start using them, separate the function (code) from the
presentation (html)

Read the GAE example

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/gettingstarted/templates.html

There they show you how to use the
users.create_logout_url()
users.create_login_url()
methods in templates, read the Django doc about templates for version
0.96 for more things you can do.