Yes, but the important thing is that the ordering of the messages is
correct, and the number sequences will ensure that. Hopefully the time
difference between servers will usually be just a few seconds. In the
worst case scenario the time presented to the users can be removed
entirely, but that will I hope not be needed.

I will add a fix for the transition zone between 'seconds ago' and '1
minute ago' which still can become presented in the wrong order, even
when the time difference between servers is just a few seconds.