On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 1:25 PM, James Ashley <james.ash...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Jan 12, 9:06 pm, jay <j...@jaykyburz.com> wrote:
> > I thought google was participating in Open ID now? Do our app engine
> > logins support OpenID's?
>
> OpenID still seems...fairly immature and not user friendly.

Really?

> Then again, it's been a while since I tried to use it.  I probably
> have the terminology wrong.

You may want to try it again.  I've been using it lately and I'm growing to
like it.

> The trouble is finding sites that accept Open ID logins from other
> providers.

I'm finding more and more as I surf.  Granted, we still need many more, but
it's a start.

> No idea why that is, unless it's just the pain of re-writing their
> user handling code.  Well, that and figuring out a graceful way for
> the user to actually log in.  I still haven't ever been able to figure
> it out, on the few sites I've seen.

On the sites I've done it with, I've clicked "Log in with OpenID", it takes
me to OpenId and it says "You're logging in over at fubar.com", I click
"Okay" and I'm sent back to fubar.com and I'm logged in.

There's a checkbox for staying logged in and you can set up profiles, but I
haven't played with them yet.

--

Faber Fedor
Cloud Computing New Jersey