I just tried to write my first recipe on the Cookbook.  I ran into the
following problems:

1)  I can't attach a .py.  I got a message saying I can only attach
text/scripts (when that's what I was attaching).

2) There was no warning that the recipe posted anyway.  Afraid that I
lost all that typing, I went back one page and attempted to attach the
script again.  I ended up with a duplicate post.

3) My post appears correctly in Edit my recipes, but is corrupted when
actually viewing.  Notice that halfway through the jinja_helper.py
section, the body of my recipe is repeated.  The offending character
seems to be the < in while len(output) < 6:  Replacing the < with &lt;
breaks up the <pre> tag.

http://appengine-cookbook.appspot.com/recipe/upgrade-the-django-templating-system-to-jinja2/