I have posted a corrected version to that link.  The corrupted one is
now here:
http://appengine-cookbook.appspot.com/recipe/corrupted-recipe-upgrade-the-django-templating-system-to-jinja2/

The reason my .py wouldn't post is it started with the UTF-8 BOM,
which many text editors use to identify a text file as being Unicode-
encoded.

The recipe creation text field isn't HTML escaped.  If you would just
escape it, all the problems I've noticed (except the BOM one), would
go away.  It would also be much easier to copy/pase code into your
recipe without worrying about > or < in comparisons.

(Finally, please delete the following post.  It's the duplicate I
originally mentioned)
http://appengine-cookbook.appspot.com/recipe/bug-in-cookbook