I'm trying to use timezones in my app. I understand the GAE decided
that this isn't something they really want to support well.  I'm
trying to use the workaround suggested of creating my own timezone
classes based on the  example code below from the GAE documentation.
It doesn't run. The exception I get is:

<type 'exceptions.NameError'>: name 'datetime_module' is not defined

Sorry I'm a python newbie, but what's missing?

--------------

class Pacific_tzinfo(datetime_module.tzinfo):
 """Implementation of the Pacific timezone."""
 def utcoffset(self, dt):
   return datetime_module.timedelta(hours=-8) + self.dst(dt)

 def _FirstSunday(self, dt):
   """First Sunday on or after dt."""
   return dt + datetime_module.timedelta(days=(6-dt.weekday()))

 def dst(self, dt):
   # 2 am on the second Sunday in March
   dst_start = self._FirstSunday(datetime_module.datetime(dt.year, 3,
8, 2))
   # 1 am on the first Sunday in November
   dst_end = self._FirstSunday(datetime_module.datetime(dt.year, 11,
1, 1))

   if dst_start <= dt.replace(tzinfo=None) < dst_end:
     return datetime_module.timedelta(hours=1)
   else:
     return datetime_module.timedelta(hours=0)

 def tzname(self, dt):
   if self.dst(dt) == datetime_module.timedelta(hours=0):
     return "PST"
   else:
     return "PDT"

pacific_time = utc_time.astimezone(Pacific_tzinfo())