Hi,

There should not be an issue where the datastore ever looses data, but
what you may have noticed is this bug:
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=901

Currently, there are certain cases where indexes for a query may not
have been completely updated.  If you find such an object, re-put()ing
it will fix the issue.  We are working on a fix, so when it is fixed
this shouldn't be an issue.

In such cases, the data is still present in the datastore, and I can't
think of any reason why this would not be the case.

-Marzia