On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 3:39 PM, ryan wrote:
> i believe my third derived query, ie without the y = B.y filter, is
> right. one way to think about it is that the original query only has
> sort orders, not filters, so it should return *every* entity that has
> an x property and a y property. say the bookmark is B(x = 1, y = 1).
> with your set of derived queries, no entity with x > 1 and y > 1 will
> ever be returned, since every query has either an x = 1 filter or a y
> = 1 filter. however, if you remove the y = B.y filter from the last
> derived query (and add the y DESC sort order), it will include all of
> entities with x > 1 and y > 1.

hi ryan,
hmmm. i see. it seems that this is a special case, and my result was
different because i followed your logic very literally. i'll adapt to
make it work without filters.

i started to make a second try on it, extending datastore.Query
instead. the result is cleaner (but still incomplete):

     http://bitbucket.org/moraes/appengine/src/tip/bookmark.py

i'll post when it is working.

thanks!
-- rodrigo