Andy Freeman wrote: "Some supporting evidence would be nice because
only one person is raising this concern."

Here's another. I agree with the original poster. We have been
thinking about making the significant investment required to convert
our application to run on GAE once the service moves beyond the
"trial" phase, because as a small company we're enchanted by the
prospect of eliminating all of our system administration concerns and
our growth pains. However, the only barrier to adoption for us is the
data privacy aspect. Because of Google's practice of extensive data-
mining in other services (Gmail, for example), we're afraid that
Google is planning to profit from offering a free service by treating
our extremely private user access information as an advertising
datamine playground.

Before we start re-coding our application, we would need a stronger
privacy policy that outlines exactly what Google can do with our
datastore.

Best regards,
-Maxime Camirand