> It also benefits from locality. Entity groups are stored close
> together (needed to make transactions fast), which is why lots of
> small entity groups makes the overall application faster (because they
> can be spread out). If you do a bunch of processing on groups of
> entities in a single request then you can put them in a entity group,
> which should make that processing faster because they will be kept
> close.
>
> Dave.

I don't quite have my head wrapped around the entity group thing
either.  The transaction part I get...other benefits I don't quite get
yet.  If I were to build an app for managing dollar store inventory or
something like that would I want to make all the data related to a
particular store part of the same entity group?  So that the data for
a store in Toronto is part of one group, and the data for Vancouver is
part of another, and then as far as teh datastore and access times are
concerned the storage of the datasets will be best suited to the
geography of the situation?  Am I getting this right?

Thanks.

Stu