Not quite right - I think the "faster" property refers to the fact
that reads/writes can happen in parallel (because they're split over
multiple machines), not because of the actual geographical location of
the servers (not that this wouldn't help as well, but I don't believe
GAE currently has support for specifying geographical data location)

I could be wrong though.