I am watching your changes in the quota system from the perspective of
wanting to run massive parallel applications on it.  Considered that
way, the changes are a definite improvement, though not quite to the
point where it would be worth it for us.  In particular, if I read
your docs right, one application can really use about 72 simultaneous
cores, due to hard quota restrictions.  It is nice, though that
apparently time is consumed "by the minute", rather than "by the
hour", which is what Amazon does, I think.  One further problem is
that 10 cents per minute is probably too expensive, versus the best
alternative we have available (using our own cluster resources).

I'm aware that massive parallel apps are not your goal, but still,
it's interesting to see how close you're getting...

Mike