Do I read this correctly? There is a reduction  and it is as follows?

> CPU
> current quota - 46 hours
> new quota - 6.5 hours
> % change - 86% reduction
>
> Bandwidth
> current quota - 10GB
> new quota - 1 GB
> % change - 90% reduction

Here's what's confusing. There is the following statement. Note the
phrase "applications with billing enabled will not be affected":

"These changes may also affect the fixed quotas applied to
applications without billing enabled. Fixed quotas for applications
with billing enabled will not be affected."
Reference: http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/quotas.html#Free_Changes

Specifically, does this mean I can sign up for billing, but if my
application does NOT go over 46 hours, then, I pay nothing? It sounds
like I'll get to keep the old, higher quota values, after May 25th,
2009, if I sign up for billing. True, I would run the risk of being
billed for anything above 46 hours; but, I would get to keep the old
quota.

Regards,

Mike Chirico