On Feb 26, 9:26 pm, DJB <david...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have several indexes based on searchable_text_index that I've been
> unable to delete for some time. When I vacuum, the status changes to
> "Deleting", that after about 40min changes back to error.
>
> Several people on the AppEngine team have offered advice, but the
> conclusion has always been that the indexes are exceeding DataStore
> thresholds.
>
> I'm unable to create new indexes until these are removed.
>
> Is there any way these can be removed by Google?
>
> thanks,
> David
>
> __searchable_text_index ▲ , __searchable_text_index ▲ ,
> __searchable_text_index ▲ , __searchable_text_index ▲ ,
> __searchable_text_index ▲ , __searchable_text_index ▲ , bookid ▲
> Error
> __searchable_text_index ▲ , __searchable_text_index ▲ ,
> __searchable_text_index ▲ , __searchable_text_index ▲ , bookid ▲
> Error
> __searchable_text_index ▲ , __searchable_text_index ▲ ,
> __searchable_text_index ▲ , bookid ▲
> Error
> __searchable_text_index ▲ , __searchable_text_index ▲ ,
> __searchable_text_index ▲ , translation ▲ , bookid ▲ , chapter ▲ ,
> verse ▲

While not directly related, I do see an old index on my Dashboard that
I cannot get rid of even if it doesn't appear in my index.yaml or in
any query. I was wondering what can I do to finally remove it (I have
read the articel "How Index Building Works" [1], but I still cannot
figure out how to remove this unnecessary index).

./alex

[1] http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/index_building.html