I understand that if you issue a query using "IN", the datastore
actually issues as many sub-queries as there are values listed in the
IN set, up to a max of 30.  It's not the greatest, but I get it.

However, when I do this, the dev_server creates a bunch of index
definitions, so that I have one with 1 property if there's 1 value in
the IN set, 15 index properties if there are 15 values in the IN set,
and so on.

This doesn't seem to be scalable, especially if there are other
variations of property conditions in the mix.  Should I just do the
looping outside the query, and ask for an equality with each value in
the IN set?  Are these index definitions really indicative of what
will need to happen on the server?