Could you be a little more specific about what it means that you can
not aceess App engine?

One guess that I have as to what your problem could be....
If you have your swf file stored on another server or on your local
computer you will need to have a cross domain policy file in the root
of your app engine application so that your flash client can
"authinicate" that it is OK to call the httpservice.

If you application works in Flex Developer the Bin-Debug folders are
excluded from having to make this chcek because they are listed in the
client as "trusted" sites.

Doug