You only create the query you have to execute it to fetch the objects.
If you print your object_a variable you will see it is a Query object.

# you have to use the same limit number, or leave it out of the query
objects = object_a.fetch(200)
objects.extend(object_b.fetch(200))
for object in objects:
  object.something = "this"

It is not good practice to give a variable the name of a known python
type (here: list)
for object in list:
  object.something = "this"