I'm guessing you're just getting your app off the ground and you're
referring to some test data you want to play with?

You have datastore data available to your application after your
application puts some in there itself.  So you'd have your application
running on the server (local development, or the full production
google setup), and forming instances of db Models and calling the
various datastore operations on those models is what puts your data
into the datastore.  This is done through the logic of your
application.  For example, someone hits your link for "registration",
which gives them a form in their browser to fill out personal data.
When they hit submit your browser hits the app engine server with a
particularly formed link.  The app server uses that link to figure out
which "view" handler to call and sends the form data to that handler.
The View handler then takes that data and puts it into a db.Model
(e.g., User).  Then the view handler calls "put" on that data model
instance, and at that point the data is in the datastore.

if you just want to make some simulation data to play around with
viewing, you could write up a straight python script that uses your
own data models to populate the datastore for you.  I followed
mahmouds instructions here and they work great for my needs:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/2667c30d1726722e/a16ce7be0ab57c59?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=python+script+load+data#a16ce7be0ab57c59

I'd suggest you just work in the development server locally on your PC
first.