On Mar 25, 7:53 pm, r00723r0 <r0072...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems odd, I know, but I'm not doing anything malicious. I am
> making a laptop recovery service. The client on the laptop must update
> the Google App Engine server with the laptop's IP every few minutes to
> the App Engine server can keep track of it. But I need to make sure
> what user is sending this IP information.
>
> This is where the trouble comes in. The client on the laptop that
> tries to give the server the IP needs to authenticate but cannot
> without a login page.

Can't you send login information through an HTTP POST?

With each update, you just need to send identification information
that is unique to the particular user (perhaps a hashed password) and
match it to an existing database.

You don't need to send the ip from the client, since you can get it
from the server.