This might seem drastic, but it will solve the problem of lots of Java
and Python-specific stuff hitting this group.

I think it would be less of a crime if language-independent issues
were discussed in the Java/Python groups, rather than the other way
around, because in this solution, a pure-Java or pure-Python developer
can elect to halve (if not more) his incoming mail by simply not
subscribing to the other group.

In the current scheme, a pure-X developer is compelled subscribe to
the meta group, which will continue to suffer at increasing levels
from the current problem of mis-targeted mails. :)  (If I had to
guess, I'd say that mail volume to google-appengine is going to at
least double in the next 6 months due to the Java release).

Nip the problem in the butt!

David

--
It is better to be wrong than to be vague.
  — Freeman Dyson