How are you estimating the size?  For example, do you think that
strings are stored using one byte per character or two?  (I don't
know, but I do know that they're interpreted as unicode.)

I've asked for mechanisms to help estimate size - see
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=1084